One Book, One Sioux County is a collaborative program among the 8 public and 3 academic libraries in Sioux County and an attempt at community building through shared conversation.
As a collaborative program among all county libraries, the One Book, One Sioux County committee has a criteria for selecting each year’s title.
The book must:
- Have broad appeal to our local communities
- Be able to generate in-depth discussion
- Be written for adults and college students
It is preferred, but not required, that the book:
- Have a regional or Midwestern focus
- Be authored by a person currently living
- Be available in multiple formats, such as large print, electronic, and audio versions
- Have a curricular tie-in for local colleges
Books can be either fiction or non-fiction. The committee strives to provide a balance between fiction and non-fiction over time, but does not necessarily alternate between the two.